To: Canadian Healthcare Housekeepers Association, a Division of ISSA (“CHHA”)
Re: ISSA Show of North America and the Housekeeping Olympics 2023 (the “Events”)
In consideration of being permitted to attend the Events, I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, next of kin, representatives, executors, administrators, and assigns, hereby:
1. At all times, shall comply with CHHA’s expectations and directions regarding conduct and act in a respectful, professional, and safe manner.
2. Acknowledge and agree that my relationship with CHHA is as a volunteer only and I will receive no compensation for my participation in the Events. I further acknowledge and agree that I am not an employee of CHHA and CHHA does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability, or life insurance coverage for me. I hereby assume responsibility for any such coverage.
3. Acknowledge that my participation in the Events may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, traveling to and from and/or attending the Events, and I expressly assume the risk of any and all injury, loss, damage, harm and/or death associated with my participation whether or not prior to, during, or after the Events.
4. Forever release and discharge CHHA, ISSA, and their employees, officers, directors, affiliates, parent companies, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, costs, damages, demands, actions, causes of action and expenses (collectively, the “Claims”) of any kind and of whatever nature, including, but not limited to, death, injury, loss or damage to myself or property, however caused, which I may have or which may later accrue, caused by or arising directly or indirectly from my presence at, participation in, and/or travel to or from the Events. This Release and Waiver includes, in each such case, all claims with respect to any risks, known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseeable, regardless of cause or whether such claims arise from tort, contract, or otherwise, and even if caused by negligence or misconduct, arising prior to, during or subsequent to my attendance at the Events.
5. Consent for CHHA to provide, administer, or obtain medical treatment for me. I hereby release and forever discharge CHHA from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered to me arising out of or related to the Events, whether before, during, or after the Events.
6. Indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them arising as a result of or in any way connected to my participation in the Events.
7. Expressly acknowledge and agree that this Release and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as possible as permitted and shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any action or proceeding must be brought in a court located in Cook County, Illinois, and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts. In the event any provision of this Release and Waiver is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision will not affect the remaining provisions of this Release and Waiver which shall continue to be enforceable.
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE READING, UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEING WITH THE FOREGOING.
Name, Relationship to Volunteer, and Telephone Number